- Please follow the export instructions below for your version of the software to make sure the files you are going to upload for the patient are in the correct format. Dental Radiology Diagnostics is only set up to receive files that have an extension of .dcm, any other formats will need to be uploaded again. There should be approximately 512 files that are uploaded with each volume. Please let us know if you have any problems with uploading your files, we are more than happy to help!
- This is an example of the Report you will receive from Dental Radiology Diagnostics.
Dental Cone-beam Computed Tomography:
- On this webpage, the FDA is providing information about the use of cone-beam computed tomography in dentistry, particularly in the pediatric population, as well as information for patients, parents and health care providers to help reduce unnecessary radiation exposure from dental cone-beam computed tomography.
Anatomy and Pathology:
- UNC resources for panoramic as well as periapical radiograpic anatomy
- HeadNeckBrainSpine is a great resource for advanced anatomy questions
The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging - the Image Gently Alliance - is a coalition of health care organizations dedicated to providing safe, high quality pediatric imaging worldwide. The primary objective of the Alliance is to raise awareness in the imaging community of the need to adjust radiation dose when imaging children. The ultimate goal of the Alliance is to change practice.
The Alliance chose to focus first on computed tomography (CT) scans. The dramatic increase in the number of pediatric CT scans performed in the United States in the past seven years and the rapid evolution, change, and availability of CT technology and equipment well justify this Alliance strategy. The campaign has grown to include: parent information, Fluoroscopy, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Digital Radiography.
- Butterfly Effect Newsletter (Fall 2014), the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging